Let’s be honest, no one uses video on their website to purely look pretty. No business really buys a video, they are buying more sales. Businesses are looking for the video to help convert more customers. Be that through selling more products or services to increasing or retaining members.
There are many many great reasons to use video but here are the 7 that we think REALLY matter.
- A website with a video is 52x more likely to show up on the first page of a relevant google search. Google owns YouTube…… it really does love a video.
- Forbes recently submitted a survey which shows consumers remember 95% of a message they have watched compared to 10% of those they have read!
- 98% of consumers say they have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 80% of businesses say that video provides great ROI.
- Google have confirmed that video consumption increases by 100% each year.
- The average user spend 88% longer on a website with video.
- Videos on a landing page can increase conversion by up to 80%.
Yep, that was stat heavy and that is only a very few of the reasons video can dramatically help increase your sales. There is so much research out there to show that if you want to drive your business forward, raise brand awareness and create much stronger brand recall, using video is the way to go.
Most businesses require a website, there are the golden few who have grown simply on word of mouth but as the new generations come up the ranks this is more and more rare. Your website is your shop front, not only should you dress it with something that looks great, you should dress it with something that works for you in increasing sales!