By 2020 it is estimated that 84% of everything on the internet will be video so it’s not surprising that with social media being the mega force that it is, businesses have to start listening and figuring out how not to be a lost voice.
There are many pros and cons to social media but the one thing everyone can agree on is that without it, many businesses could not have grown as much as they did. It propels your business right into the very hands of the consumer. Every business is finding more and more inventive ways to stand out and they are doing it with video. Here are 7 of the many reasons that businesses have decided not to be left behind:
1.Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day (via Forbes) – Facebook is no longer just about posting updates and photographs, the online communities are flourishing and they share the videos they find amusing, entertaining and informative. A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021….it’s a great time to start making sure you are not left behind.
2. 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. Good ROI comes from a clear marketing strategy, a strong message, a clear target and a great video.
3. Social media video is shared 12 times more than text and images combined. If you want your message to be out there on social media but with a great reach and a clear message then video will be the quickest way to make this happen.
4. Viewers retain 95% of a message watched compared to 10% of a message read. This is a crazy stat! People remember almost ALL of a message watched and virtually nothing of a message read…….I will leave that one there.
5. Studies show that 74% of users who watched an explainer-video about a product subsequently bought it. If they don’t understand it, they wont buy it. It’s that simple. If you show consumers how a product or service works and how it will benefit them, they are much more likely to go on to buy it.
6. Trust! No purchasing decision happens without it. Trust is an emotion and is much more likely to be gained through a video than text because video engages us immediately. The information is taken onboard in lightning speed and more of our senses are involved in deciding what emotion we will take from what we are watching. Seeing is believing.
7. What is social media without mobile phones! Most social media is viewed on a mobile. In fact, 90% of consumers watch video on their mobile phones. Google tells us that smartphone users are twice as likely than TV viewers and 1.4 times more likely as desktop viewers to feel a sense of personal connection to brands that show video content on their devices. Let them connect to your brand by using video as part of your online marketing strategy.
There are so many reasons why businesses should embrace video in all their marketing strategies but Social media has to be the number one. Don’t get left behind.