You’ve got a shiny new promotional video. You have read the stats about video increasing customer conversion by 80% and a consumer remembering 95% of a message they have watched compared to 10% of one they have read but now what do you do?
You need to make that video work for you and earn back whatever investment you made in creating it.
Firstly, we would always recommend creating a good 60-90 second promo video and a bunch of little video clips for social media. Then put these to work for 3-6 months and see the great results.
So, here are some hints, tips and outright demands to make sure you get the most out of video for your sales.
- Firstly, make sure your new promotional video is on the front page of your website, if you do this you are 52x more likely to be found on the first page of a relevant Google search.
- Ask your videographer to format the video suitable for Instagram and the load that video onto IGTV. Then post it to stories.
- Write a little piece on what made you make the video, what it represents and then add that to the video and put it on all your social channels.
- Add a link to the video at the bottom of your email signature so that it can easily be seen by those you are interacting with.
- Email your contacts! Sending your shiny new video to your contacts is a great way to re-connect and as a bonus, adding the word “video” in the subject header increases open rates by 19%, click through rates by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
- Play the video at any events you are hosting. Have it on the screens, loud and proud. Have it playing on screens during breakout sessions or in between presentations?
- Pin the video to the top of your Twitter feed! Let everyone see it who takes a look at your profile.
- Add your video to your company YouTube page. If you have one. If not, make one and have your promo video as the headline act. You can then add all other videos to that and start adding little videos such as industry tips, customer testimonials and product/service explainer videos. Go crazy!
- Make sure your team know about the video, they have a link and they can share, share, share. Ask them to add it to their social media profiles and the bottom of their email or at the very least, go to your socials, like the video and share it from there.
- Once 3 months have passed do it all again! Post the small videos on your socials again and share the main video in your online communities. You will stand a better chance of new people seeing it and potentially sharing it to their networks.
Long story short, why invest your time and money in making a wonderful promotional video and then not promote it……?